XEM6002Xilinx Spartan-6 Integration Module
The light came on when I saw the Opal Kelly product line - it was perfect for us. It has memory, USB, powerful FPGA with lots of I/O, and not much else. This is a fundamental value of Opal Kelly modules - they have the minimum configuration to be incredibly flexible and useful, without the cost and complexity of unnecessary accessories.
- Michael W. Phaneuf, President, Fibics Incorporated
The Opal Kelly XEM6002 is an integration module based on a Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA (XC6SLX9-2FTG256C). In addition to a medium gate-count FPGA, the XEM6002 utilizes the high transfer rate of USB 2.0 for configuration downloads, enabling almost instant reprogramming of the FPGA. The XEM6002 features flexible clocking with a multi-output clock generator that can generate clock frequencies from 1 MHz to 150 MHz. If higher frequencies are needed, the clock multipliers in the FPGA can be used.
Prototyping and Semiconductor Evaluation
Equipped with four Digilent Pmod™ Compatible connectors, the XEM6002 can host a wide variety of low-bandwidth peripheral modules available from several semiconductor manufacturers. Providing an 18 additional general purpose I/O signals, the XEM6002 is perfectly suited to semiconductor evaluation and experimentation.
The XEM6002 is fully-supported by our FrontPanel SDK making it the best platform for integrating peripheral devices with PC, Mac, QNX, and Linux software.
FrontPanel Virtual Interface
Virtual interface elements such as buttons, LEDs, and hex displays make cumbersome "I/O Boards" a thing of the past.
32 Mb SPI Serial Flash (optional)
A 32-Mbit SPI Serial Flash device is available as an OEM option for for FPGA configuration or general data storage. For more information please contact Opal Kelly Sales.
The on-board PLL provides flexible clocking to the FPGA and expansion connector.
Four (4) "Pods" each provide +3.3v, DGND, and eight general-purpose I/O. Each Pod is a Digilent Pmod™ Compatible connector.
The XEM6002 is a bus-powered device reducing cable count and simplifying the user experience.
Features & Specifications
- Small form-factor -- credit-card sized (3.5" x 2.0" x 0.61" / 88.9mm x 50.8mm x 15.4mm)
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface for downloading and control
- Bus-powered operation
- Clock generator PLL for programmable clock rate
- 32 Mb SPI Flash for general storage or standalone FPGA configuration (OEM option)
- Four pushbuttons
- Eight LEDs
- Four Digilent Pmod™ Compatible connectors (32 FPGA I/Os)
- Single 20-pin dual-row 0.1" header (16 FPGA I/Os, 1 PLL CLK, 1 FPGA GCLKs)
- JTAG header footprint
- Full FrontPanel virtual control panel support
- Transfer rates of up to 36 MBytes/second between the PC and FPGA
- Complete Application Programmer's Interface (API) in C, C++, C#, Ruby, Python, and Java
Important Note: Firmware source code is not included with the XEM6002. Of course, full documentation on designing the XEM6002 into your application is included. Please see the Library items on this page.
XEM6002XC6SLX9 Xilinx Spartan-6
- - Qty 1-99
- - Qty 100+
- $99.95 - Qty 1,000+